Sunday, February 6, 2011

I am alive!

So I have completely neglected this blog while pregnant, here are a few things I have been crafting
I made yummy sugar coral for topping my baby shower cupcakes

For Christmas I made a lion pillow buddy


I've also been in a hat trance I have made like 6 hats this winter

This is Sam's favorite teddy bear hat


Here is our new baby Colten with his new hat

And I made a car seat blanket for Colten so cute!
I have a bunch of new things I am working on so I will try to be better with posting, if anyone is still checking the blog out let me know and I will post tutorials if you want them.
Crystal

2 comments:

kim said...

How do you make sugar sculpture.. love the blue sugar coral that youve made... is there a tutorial?

kim

Chocolate Drool and Kisses said...

I don't have a tutorial made at this point, to make it you take
2 cups granulated white sugar
2/3 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup water
food coloring as desired
bring mixture (stirring constantly) to hard ball stage then add coloring continue stirring and boiling until hard crack. Pour sugar mix slowly over a bowl filled with ice. Let cool for a min then flip softly onto a cooling rack on a cookie sheet knocking off excess ice let the rest of the ice melt off. It does get sticky after a while you can dust with powdered sugar to help. Also I have a new blog at www.chocolatedroolandkisses.blogspot.com maybe it would be a good idea to make a tutorial for it :)